Flying with Sinusitis - a simple solution
Johannesburg, 29 September 2011 - For people suffering from colds and sinus bacterial infections, air travel can be painful. During a flight, the air pressure in the sinuses and middle ear must equilibrate with the cabin pressure in the airplane or stress in those cavities will build up as well as result in severe pain.
Pain is Not the Only Sign that May Occur When the Eustachian Tube is Blocked
Pressure changes in the middle ear may sometimes result in vertigo (a perception of "spinning"), ears ringing ("ringing" in the ears) or hearing difficulties. In severe cases, rupture of the tympanic membrane (eardrum) may take place.
Examples of conditions that can cause a congestion in the sinuses or the Eustachian tube (which connects the middle ear to the back of the nose and retains equal air pressure on both sides of the eardrum) include congestion brought on by colds or allergies, middle ear infections and sinusitis.
Chronic Sinusitis Nose Endoscopy : Pus from Sinuses blocking Eustachain (Ventilation) Tube of Ear
This video show nose endoscopy of a young lady presented with ear blockage , headache , post nasal drip , nose congestion & sneezing on & off since last 2 ...
- Why can it happen?
- The middle ear is connected to the back of the nose and the upper tonsils by the Eustachian tube.
- This tube typically opens with swallowing or yawning and enables equalisation of the pressure in the middle ear.
- During ascent in an aeroplane, there is a decrease in cabin pressure leading to a relative increase in the pressure in the middle ear.
- If the Eustachian tube can open up normally, air will leave the middle ear right up until the pressure will be equalised.
- If the tube is unable to open because of cold or perhaps and an infection, the surplus pressure could lead to discomfort.
- In the course of descent relative bad pressure in the middle ear can also cause ear pain as a result of eardrum retraction.
- Flying Tips This is why people with common colds or sinus infections must prevent flying when possible.
- However, if air travel cannot be avoided, some measures may be necessary to avoid ear soreness.
Basic Information on Sinusitis Treatments Sinusitis is a common ailment, but it might have extreme implications on your quality of life as well as impact your daily routine. It occurs when one or more of the hollow cavities around your nose called sinuses become blocked and inflamed. This...
During ascent, crunch the nasal and also swallow and in the course of descent, pinch the nose, close the mouth and swallow.
There are safe over-the-counter products that can be used in the case where traveling can not be avoided and people may need to look for a product that opens the airways, thins the actual mucus blocking them and frees the cavities of pressure build-up all in a single.
- There is actually you should not postpone in which vacation or company vacation after all!
- Just be a health- savvy traveller as well as enjoy!
This Release is Brought to You in the Interest of Safety and Health by Sinupret
Sinupret, a respected item for sinusitis from Germany, prescribed by specialists and medical doctors for longer than 70 decades has been introduced to the South African marketplace. Currently over 250 million packs have been sold worldwide. The efficacy and safety of this product has been proven in several, well designed clinical trials published in peer review journals. Sinupret is very effective in treating both acute and chronic sinusitis.
Sinupret Thins Mucous Allowing Simple Drainage of the Sinuses
It also reduces inflammation (anti-inflammatory) and it has anti- bacterial and anti-viral properties. Whilst decongestants, which have many side effects, are used solely symptomatically, and antibiotics frequently prescribed unnecessarily, Sinupret may be used as monotheraphy for sinusitis. Thus, Sinupret is cost-effective because it treats the four major problems associated with sinusitis in a single pill. Therefore the commonly used cocktails for sinusitis (decongestants, anti-inflammatories, pain-killers, anti-histamines, antibiotic and/or steroids) can be replaced with Sinupret.