Sinus Medications for Pregnant Women
When expecting, it is often common for women to see nasal congestion as a result of swelling of the mucus membranes in the sinuses. This might be caused by the same hormones causing congestion in the vaginal filters. Nasal congestions can be manifested through symptoms such as persistent colds and sniffles. This increases the risk for pregnant women in order to agreement sinusitis.
- Early signs of sinusitis include headaches, facial pain especially around the sinus areas, nasal discharge, as well as increasing tiredness.
- Just imagine having to deal with these symptoms while pregnant.
- The worst thing is that you can not take sinus medicine as freely as before because it can affect the baby as well.
- So, the big question is - how should you deal with sinusitis when pregnant?
Dos and Don'ts on Taking Sinus Medication When Pregnant
Extra care needs to be noticed when using any treatment during pregnancy. This is because many drug medications can have serious side effects on both the mother and baby. Here are some simple rules on taking sinus medication during pregnancy:
- Do not sacrifice your quality of life for the sake of the child.
- It's also not good for the baby if the mother is ill.
- Speak to your doctor at the earliest onset of sinusitis.
During consultation, inform your doctor about the pregnancy and ask about possible effects of any kind of sinus medication. Also, ensure that you tell your doctor if you are taking other medications as mix of different drugs may also be dangerous for both mother and infant.
Headache Treatments : How to Relieve a Sinus Headache Naturally
One natural way to relieve sinus headaches is by using saltwater or saline through a neti pot in order to relieve sinus congestion. Find out how often a neti pot ...
- When prescribed with any kind of sinus medication, take the exact dosage upon time and as prescribed.
- Prevent taking lower/higher doses of medicine with out the doctor's consent.
- Never self-medicate.
- Even simple over-the-counter drugs can have serious side effects on the baby.
- You see any side effects after using prescribed medicines, statement to be able to your doctor right away.
- Also, monitor your condition and talk to your doctor if you are still not feeling well after a couple of days.
- Ask your doctor about herbal remedies that can help control the infection.
- There are numerous herbs that are known to, not only fight sinusitis, but boost the immune system as well.
Safe Ways of Getting Rid of Sinusitis
You are wary of taking any nose medication for fear of endangering the health of the infant, ask your doctor about possible home remedies to get rid of sinusitis. Research has revealed that home remedies are helpful in controlling the signs, without any side effects. Flow treatments are recommended in order to loosen the mucus and simplicity congestion. It can also soothe the mucous walls in the sinuses. Many experts also recommend nasal cleansing to deal with sinusitis. Nasal cleansing gets rid of unwanted particles trapped inside the sinuses. It may also help loosen the mucus and promote proper drainage.
Is Also Important to Adopt Safety Measures to Prevent Getting Sick While Pregnant
Avoid exposure to contaminants in the air and also pollutants such as cigarette smoke, smog, pollens, and animal dander. Drink plenty of fluids such as water, juices, and tea. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables for a stronger immune system.