Sinus Medications for Pregnant Women
When pregnant, it is often common for women to see nasal congestion as a result of swelling of the mucus membranes in the sinuses. This may be caused by the same hormones causing congestion in the vaginal walls. Nasal congestions can be manifested through signs and symptoms such as persistent the common cold and sniffles. This increases the risk for pregnant women to be able to agreement sinusitis.
- Early signs of sinusitis include headaches, facial pain especially around the nose areas, nasal discharge, and also increasing tiredness.
- Think of having to deal with these kinds of symptoms while pregnant.
- The worst thing is that you cannot take sinus medication as freely as before because it can affect the baby as well.
- So, the big question is - how should you cope with sinusitis when pregnant?
Dos and Don'ts on Taking Sinus Medication Whenever Pregnant
Extra care ought to be observed when getting virtually any medication while pregnant. This is because most drug medications can have serious side effects on both the mother and baby. Here are some simple guidelines on taking sinus medication throughout pregnancy:
- Do not sacrifice your health for the sake of the child.
- Additionally it is not good for the baby if the mother is sick.
- Consult your doctor at the earliest onset of sinusitis.
During consultation, inform your doctor about the pregnancy and ask about possible effects of any sinus medicine. Also, make sure to tell your doctor if you are taking additional medications as combination of different drugs can be dangerous for both mother and infant.
- When prescribed with any sinus medication, take the exact dosage on time and as prescribed.
- Stay away from taking lower/higher doses of medicine with out the doctor's concur.
- Never self-medicate.
- Even simple over-the-counter drugs can have serious side effects on the baby.
- You notice any side effects after using prescribed drugs, record in order to your doctor instantly.
- Also, keep track of your condition and talk to your doctor if you are even now not feeling well after a few days.
- Ask your doctor about herbal solutions that can help control the infection.
- There are lots of herbs that are known to, not only fight sinusitis, but boost the immune system as well.
Headache Treatments : How to Relieve a Sinus Headache Naturally
One natural way to relieve sinus headaches is by using saltwater or saline through a neti pot in order to relieve sinus congestion. Find out how often a neti pot ...
Safe Ways of Getting Rid of Sinusitis
You are wary of taking any sinus medication for fear of endangering the health of the child, ask your doctor about possible home remedies to get rid of sinusitis. Studies show that home remedies are helpful in controlling the symptoms, without any side effects. Stream treatments are recommended to loosen the mucus and simplicity congestion. It can also soothe the mucous membranes in the sinuses. Many experts also recommend nasal cleaning to treat sinusitis. Nasal cleansing gets rid of unwanted particles trapped inside the sinuses. It may also help loosen the mucus and promote proper drainage.
Is Also Important to Consider Preventive Measures to Prevent Getting Ill While Pregnant
Avoid exposure to allergens and pollutants such as cigarette smoke, smog, pollens, and animal dander. Drink lots of fluids such as water, juices, and tea. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables for the stronger immune system.